Friday, May 15, 2015

Money or Readers

I was thinking about money today and came around to the inevitable writer's pipe dream: writing for a living aka making millions.
I don't try to think of myself as a writer so great that hundreds of thousands of people will download my books, but the thought does crop up. I may be alone in this, but I think every writer hopes that their work will be wildly successful.
So say I do make a million bucks and never have to work again. What then? What becomes the focus when making a living isn't an issue anymore?
The readers.
They are who ultimately decide whether we are successful or not. Whether the book is good or not is not really the question, but I strive to be the best writer I can be.
So when all is said and done, it boils down to the readers. So if you ever read any of my work, thank you. It's for me, but it's also for you. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Thoughts Here.