Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Euphoria

It strikes me more vividly every time I experience it. As I start writing about my new novel, a euphoric feeling builds inside me. My mind sharpens, coming alive as if I had just drunk ten Mt Dews. The story practically plots itself as if I had already known everything about it and am just now remembering. It is like waking from a deep sleep and hitting the ground running. I can only imagine that this is what a runner's high feels like (I obviously don't exercise).

Above everything, there is a surge of emotion similar to awe that my mind is even capable of reaching this peak state. I feel as if I am wrapped in a cocoon of magic that enlivens my soul. It is no longer merely easy to write.

It is effortless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Thoughts Here.