Tuesday, February 10, 2015

10 Things About Me

Taking a break from writing and cleaning for a few minutes. I thought I should probably make a post on here even if no one sees it. Eventually someone will and this might be insightful (I hope). I haven't really said anything about me so here's 10 things:


  1. My first love is Star Wars (can't wait for Episode VII). I can't seem to get enough of it, and I don't care what anyone says, I still loved The Phantom Menace. As long as there is a lightsaber scene in the movie, I'll probably love it (Even if Hayden Christensen is in it). One of my favorite movies of all time is the Empire Strikes Back.
  2. My favorite movie: V For Vendetta. Where else are you going to have Hugo Weaving giving a soliloquy as only he can while incorporating quotes from Shakespeare and Faust? Uniqueness and the creativity of ideas are at the core of this movie. It may seem like this is just a movie that centers on justified revenge, but the idea is still sound if a bit dark. Plus, as V says in the movie, ideas are bulletproof. The movie itself is very thought-provoking about how we as a society view things that we consider 'abnormal' and how it can be taken to extremes i.e. extermination. 
  3. I don't have a favorite book. I have about 100 which someday I will get around to writing in a list. Then maybe another 100 on an honorable mention list. Then another 100 that . . . (you get the picture)
  4. My favorite food is pizza. I will eat anything on it except onions and anchovies.
  5. I lived in Mexico for 2 trips of 4 1/2 months each the year after I was out of high school. It is an amazing country and I've been saying for the last 10 years that I'm going to go back and visit. Maybe next year . . .
  6. I am an avid lover of cilantro, bacon and butter. These 3 things make everything taste better.
  7. I have a dog named Ruby and a cat named Draco. Ruby is a lovable black ball of curly fur who loves to snuggle in the middle of the night. Draco is a Garfield-sized white fluff ball who will take any attention at any time. He will cuddle you whether you like it or not. And you will like it. He is also capable of crying for food while stuffing his mouth with cat food.
  8. I love petrichor especially on concrete. There's just something wonderfully nostalgic and comforting about the smell.
  9. My favorite drink is Mountain Dew, but sometimes a Monster is needed to keep writing.
  10. I wrote my first story when I was 8 years old. It was about about a white blood cell named Nick who with the aid of antibiotic reinforcements was able to fight back the hordes of bacteria. (Yes, I was that big of a nerd at age 8). I loaned it to a friend to read and never got it back, but the old lady named Pearl who I lent it to before that told me it was good. The jury's still out on whether she actually thought it was good or was just being kind to a dorky 8 year old.


2 comments:

  1. Good to know what a great writer and son-n-law you will be. I love you mentioned Ruby and Draco as your pets. You failed to mention the love of both our lives, Angela Dawn, she is the woman behind the man . She will love you through thick and thin, it shows when I see the two of you together. God ordained the two of you to become ONE! Happy writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just trying to focus a little about specific aspects of myself for any people that were interested. I wasn't trying to hide anything and yes, she is the great love of my life. I love that she supports my writing.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts Here.