Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Developmental Edit Part 2


I am so grateful for today--this moment. Suffice it to say that I am reeling from the beautiful compliments that my editor paid to my writing. 

She found dozens of errors that I need to correct, and I was beginning to worry about the integrity of the story. Then she wrote 3 pages of comments about how I could strengthen the story, and I cannot help but feel touched when she mentioned several times how much she loved the story.

Doubt, as any writer will tell you, is a plague that we are never fully rid of. Doubt makes us believe that what we have spent months or even years crafting is just a steaming pile of shit that was once our hopes and dreams. 

My editor gave me hope after pointing out all my flaws. I will be forever grateful.

You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.       -- Johnny Cash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Thoughts Here.