Thursday, June 4, 2015

Whispers in the Dark: 10K Mark!


Whispers in the Dark is the sequel to Skies of Madness, and I have high hopes at reaching my goal of finishing the first draft by the end of the month. 

I have just passed the 10,000 word mark. It will probably be about the same length as Skies of Madness so about 65,000. 

I think it's a good stopping point and doesn't leave the reader bogged down with too much reading time. That's another reason why I like separating my chapters by scene. If something comes up while someone is reading my book, I want there to be a good stopping point. 

That being said, there will always be cliff hangers at the end of chapters to entice the reader to keep reading. I always loved that when I read books that I love, and it seems to be the perfect thing to do in my own novels.

I think once I have this novel finished, I will finish up the novella that takes place between the two books. Then I'll self-publish all three to Amazon. I just need to decide if I want to space them out--maybe by a couple weeks each--or publish them all at once.

2 comments:

  1. What the gluuuuubbbbb!?!?

    You are really on a move Daniel. Ride that wave until you can't ride it anymore! I mean it.

    Hmm... Spacing them out would be a great idea but publishing all together wouldn't hurt. Especially if people finish reading quickly or if they want to buy the books together like a little package deal...which actually wouldn't be a bad idea either.

    Have you heard of createspace? You can use it to have paperback/hardcover copies for readers that prefer physical books instead of ebooks. I would really consider it especially since fiction readers tend to read their books over and over again and many ebook devices only allow for 100 books at a time...

    I can't wait to hear more about the sequel! Keep writing!

    K. K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I think you're right about publishing them all at once and/or in a bundle.

    I have also heard of print on demand sites like createspace and lulu. I'm still mulling the idea over, but I'll definitely let you know if I decide to offer it in print form too.

    Oh and I intend to ride this wave as you call it until I can't anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Thoughts Here.